First arrest in Corrie McKeague case as man, 26, detained on suspicion of perverting the course of justice
- Credit: Archant
A man has been detained by police on suspicion of attempting to pervert the course of justice in connection with the Corrie McKeague investigation.
Police have arrested a 26-year-old man on suspicion of attempting to pervert the course of justice as part of the continuing investigation into the disappearance of RAF Honington serviceman Corrie McKeague.
The man was arrested earlier today (March 1). He has been taken into custody where he will be interviewed on suspicion of attempting to pervert the course of justice relating to information provided to the investigation.
Police have stated unequivocally that he is not the driver of the bin lorry, which collected refuse from the area where Corrie was last seen more than five months ago.
They said they will not be giving any further details at this time, as work to discover what happened to the 23-year-old RAF serviceman continues.
You may also want to watch:
Preparatory work is continuing on a landfill site at Milton ahead of a police search which is now likely to start in the next seven days.
Work is being carried out to move a large volume of bulk material and to build access routes to allow the search to get underway.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
Police are also now issuing footage of the two remaining individuals who were seen on foot in the Brentgovel Street ‘horseshoe’ area around the time of the last confirmed sighting of Corrie.
Both are potential witnesses as they were seen in the vicinity between 3.20am and 5.20am on Saturday, September 24. Still images of both have previously been issued by Suffolk police.
Detective Superintendent Katie Elliott said: “We are continuing to make progress on the investigation and we will be starting the landfill site search as soon as the preparatory work is complete.
“We have been carrying out a lot of enquiries behind the scenes and our work continues to find the truth about what happened to Corrie.”