First court appearance today of March based detective accused of nine counts of sexual assault
- Credit: Archant
A detective sergeant appeared in court today charged with nine counts of sexual assault.
Det Sgt Matt Swash, 40, of Crown Close, March, appeared at Hatfield magistrates’ court.
He was bailed to appear at St Albans Crown Court on April 10.
He was the second police officer from Fenland to appear in the dock inside the space of 48 hours. Two days ago PC Gareth Booth of Whittlesey appeared before Stevenage magistrates accused of harassment and will stand trial at Hertford magistrates’ court next month.
Swash has been suspended by the force for some time but details of the allegations against only became public last week.
You may also want to watch:
Swash is a former student at Neale-Wade Academy, March and joined the police force in 1990.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire