First day views of a Wisbech secondary school are aired on national radio
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech schoolgirl went live on Chris Evans’ Radio 2 breakfast Show when she called in to tell them about her first day at Thomas Clarkson Academy.
Victoria Jarvis was so excited about her first day at the Academy that she decided to share her news with the nation on his breakfast show.
Victoria, 11, said she listens to the show every morning and has always wanted to phone in to the Kids get a fanfare section where youngsters tell Chris what they will be doing for the first time that day.
They then go back on air the following day to talk about what they did.
She said: “I’ve wanted to do it or a long time but haven’t had anything to say. Starting secondary school was something I could talk about.”
You may also want to watch:
Victoria, of Wisbech, spoke to the show’s researchers who told her they would phone back if she had been chosen to appear on the show.
She said: “When I got the call I was really excited! Chris asked me what I was doing for the first time today and I said I was going to secondary school. He said “Wow, good luck!” and asked if I would go back on tomorrow to tell them about it.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
Guests are asked to rate their experience out of 10 and Victoria said she will definitely be giving the Academy full marks.
She added: “It has gone really well and I’ve enjoyed it. I will give it 10 out of 10.”