First death of 2011 on Fenland’s roads as crash kills Peugeot 206 driver
A CRASH between two cars last night caused the first death of the new year on Fenland’s roads.
The fatal collision in Stretham, happened at around 5.35pm on the A1123, Newmarket Road, close to the A10 junction, when a blue Peugeot 206 and a silver Ford Mondeo collided.
The driver of the Peugeot, a man believed to be from Lincolnshire, suffered fatal injuries but police are unable to release details of the man as formal identification has not taken place.
The driver of the Ford, a 33-year-old man from the Ely area, suffered minor injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for treatment.
Sgt Nigel Jennings said: “I would like to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time of the collision or saw either vehicle in the moments leading up to the incident.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should contact Sgt Jennings at the roads policing unit on 0345 456 456 4.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 3 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 4 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 5 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 8 Caring Daisy, 7, to donate hair to help children's charity
- 9 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 10 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow