First death of 2011 on Fenland’s roads as crash kills Peugeot 206 driver
A CRASH between two cars last night caused the first death of the new year on Fenland’s roads.
The fatal collision in Stretham, happened at around 5.35pm on the A1123, Newmarket Road, close to the A10 junction, when a blue Peugeot 206 and a silver Ford Mondeo collided.
The driver of the Peugeot, a man believed to be from Lincolnshire, suffered fatal injuries but police are unable to release details of the man as formal identification has not taken place.
The driver of the Ford, a 33-year-old man from the Ely area, suffered minor injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for treatment.
Sgt Nigel Jennings said: “I would like to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time of the collision or saw either vehicle in the moments leading up to the incident.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should contact Sgt Jennings at the roads policing unit on 0345 456 456 4.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 6 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 7 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats
- 8 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack