First glimpse of new skate park at Manea Horticultural Show
HUNDREDS of Manea locals got a glimpse of the newly built skate park in action at the village’s Horticultural and Handicraft Show on Saturday.
The show, held on the SM Guy Memorial Field, featured competitions in flower arranging, handicrafts and fruit and vegetables, displays by local art and history groups and a pet show.
The public also got their first look at Manea’s new skate park in action.
Also in attendance were members of the local fire brigade and Manea band, who were offering visitors the chance to try playing their instruments.
Belinda Carson, one of the organisers, said: “It was a lovely day and we had excellent support from the Gala Committee and the parish council.
“It was a huge team effort to organise. It was a great community day where everyone helped out, which is what Manea is all about.”
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 9 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 10 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home