First glimpse of new skate park at Manea Horticultural Show
HUNDREDS of Manea locals got a glimpse of the newly built skate park in action at the village’s Horticultural and Handicraft Show on Saturday.
The show, held on the SM Guy Memorial Field, featured competitions in flower arranging, handicrafts and fruit and vegetables, displays by local art and history groups and a pet show.
The public also got their first look at Manea’s new skate park in action.
Also in attendance were members of the local fire brigade and Manea band, who were offering visitors the chance to try playing their instruments.
Belinda Carson, one of the organisers, said: “It was a lovely day and we had excellent support from the Gala Committee and the parish council.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a huge team effort to organise. It was a great community day where everyone helped out, which is what Manea is all about.”
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run