First meeting date announced for March branch for ex-National Service airmen
- Credit: Archant
A branch for ex-National Service airmen will meet for the first time next month.
Graham Wesley, who served in the RAF from 1957-9, says the group’s first meeting will take place at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March on Monday, February 16 from 10am-noon.
The group will go on trips to places of interest and attend official events like the Remembrance Day Parade in London.
Mr Wesley says there has been a “very good response” since he promoted his idea for a March branch in last Friday’s Cambs Times.
He said: “There has been a very good response. I’ve already signed up 10 people to the group, which is a good start, and lots of people have left messages saying they would like to join.”
You may also want to watch:
The National Service (Royal Air Force) Association was formed in 2002 by a small group of ex-RAF National Servicemen in the Midlands.
It has grown to 2,400 members, who meet twice yearly at national reunions.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
If you would like to find out more about the March group, call Graham Wesley on 01354 657686 or e-mail email@example.com