Traffic diverted after serious collision on A141 by pass at March
- Credit: PHOTO: Harry Rutter
Police are still at the scene of a major collision on the outskirts of March today that has caused the closure of the A141 bypass in both directions.
Early reports suggest that a car has ploughed into a stationary car and trailer parked by the side of the road.
The resulting collision has seen at least one person seriously injured who has been taken to hospital.
Both cars have left the carriageway – in ditches on opposite sides of the road.
Emergency services remain at the scene after the collision near the Gaul Road junction with the A141.
You may also want to watch:
The A141 is closed in both directions and is likely to remain so for some time.
Police are urgently advising motorists to avoid the area if at all possible. Many drivers are looking for alternative routes and traffic through the town centre is congested in all directions.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
The AA Traffic bulletins are reporting that the accident happened between B1101 Wimblington Road and B1099 Wisbech Road and the incident is affecting travel between Chatteris and Ring’s End.
Cambridgeshire Police tweeted: “Police, Fire and Ambulance dealing with RTC on A141 March at Junction with Gaul Road. Please avoid the area if possible.”
Cambs Travel News tweeted: “#A141 #March - slow traffic in both directions due to a collision at the junction with Gaul Road.
“Please use alternative route if possible.”
“Delays remain on the #A141 at #March in both directions due to a collision at the junction with Gaul Road.
“Emergency services are on scene.
“The B1101 through March is slow due to traffic diverting.”