Fitness room at Neale Wade community College prepares to re-open to visitors
NEW state of the art exercise equipment has been installed in the fitness room at the Neale Wade Community College at March, as it prepares to re-open to the public on Monday.
The school has purchased six resistance pieces of equipment, two rowing machines and an exercise bike, and customers will be able to pay as they go to use the facilities.
Martin Dawson, sports centre manager said: “ It is aimed at being a budget gym facility for the community, without lots of gym instructors, fancy sound systems or televisions everywhere.
“It will be open from 5pm to 9pm Monday to Friday, and from 10am to 4pm on Saturdays. It will be open on a casual basis, where customers are shown how to use the equipment safely, and then pay �3 per session, with no contracts or monthly charges.”
The College’s sports centre was refurbished last summer as part of the Building Schools for the Future programme. That included a relocation of the community reception and office, and opening up the area in front of the reception and sports hall to make a better refreshment and social waiting area.
You may also want to watch:
All four changing rooms have been refurbished, a new classroom created , and the area has been redecorated. A new sports hall floor will be installed this summer, along with new cricket nets.
Anybody interested in using the fitness centre can call Mr Dawson on 01354 606160 to find out more.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire