Five arrested in connection with theft in Eastrea and attempted theft in Whittlesey
FIVE men were arrested on suspicion of theft and attempted theft in connection to two incidents in the Whittlesey area overnight.
The police helicopter was called to the first incident in Peterborough Road, Whittlesey, at about 11.20pm after police received reports of suspicious activity.
A large amount of cable was found dumped nearby and three men were arrested a short time later on suspicion of attempted theft.
Two men, aged 20 and 23, from Peterborough, and a 34-year-old man from Hertfordshire are in custody at Thorpe Wood Police Station, Peterborough.
Then, at 1.25am today police were called to reports of people breaking into a lorry at a site in Eastrea Road, Eastrea. Two men were arrested nearby on suspicion of theft.
You may also want to watch:
A 31-year-old man from Peterborough and a 34-year-old man from Whittlesey are also in custody at Thorpe Wood Police Station.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire