Five cadets from March 1220 Squadron take to the skies for the first time
FIVE cadets from the March 1220 squadron took to the skies for the first time after successfully completing their training.
Cadets Sophie Radley, Kamilla Lasocka, Matt Wilson, Jacob Troughton and Katie Dickson flew in the RAF’s primary trainer, the Grob 115 Tutor, at RAF Wyton.
They learnt the plane’s controls and got to take over for some basic flight training.
Some cadets were even able to fly over their own houses and experience thrilling aerobatics.
Cadet Katie Dickson, said: “It was so good and I can’t wait to go out again.
“I really enjoyed learning aerobatics above the town.”
The squadron get a flying slot about once a month and can lead to formal flying scholarships later on in their cadet lives.
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 4 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 5 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 6 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 7 Santa's magical, mystery arrival in the Fens on a tractor
- 8 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 9 OPINION: Alliance challenges 'political point scoring' by opposition leader
- 10 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
Visit www.1220atc.org.uk for further details.