Five men all wearing balaclavas seriously injure man, 53, in raid on Cambridgeshire house
FIVE masked men burst into a Cambridgeshire home last night and attacked the householder, demanding he hand over his money.
Police revealed today the 53 year-old victim has been hospitalised following the aggravated burglary in Meadow Drove, Earith,
The victim was at home when the five men broke into the property and attacked him just before 10.15pm.
The men, all wearing balaclavas, assaulted the man and demanded he hand over money. When the victim said he didn’t have any money the men fled, stealing his grey Toyota Hilux and abandoning it 400 metres down the road.
The victim was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with serious but not life threatening injuries where he remains in a stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Leigh Allman said: “I am keen to hear from anyone who has any information about this incident or the men responsible.
“At this stage we are treating this as an isolated incident but have increased patrols in the area as a precaution.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111. Alternatively you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org