Five readers will win tickets to Cambridge Rock Festival
- Credit: Archant
The countdown has begun to this year’s Cambridge Rock Festival - and we are giving away five pairs of tickets in a competition.
Now in its second decade the festival, which runs from August 7-10, presents nationally well-known acts alongside new and local bands.
Opening the event are four tribute acts - Ultimate Eagles, Fleetwood Bac, Who’s Next and Pure Floyd.
August 8 is headlined by one of rock’s true supergroups, Snakecharmer, formed around the original Whitesnake nucleus. Members include former Whitesnake members Micky Moody and Neil Murray, Harry James (Thunder, Magnum), Adam Wakeman (Ozzy Osbourne, Black Sabbath, Strawbs) and Chris Ousey (Heartland).
Up-and-coming hard rock act Pearl Handled Revolver make a return on August 9, with Leon Hendrix (Jimi’s younger brother) also playing classic Hendrix music with a band of top musicians and wanting to meet as many festival-goers as possible.
You may also want to watch:
On the final day, progressive rock giants Mostly Autumn make their record 10th appearance along with other well-known progressive bands such as Mr So & So, Credo and Norwegian metal band Jorn Lande.
Reading Festival headliners Wishbone Ash also make a return to Cambridge.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Blues will be well represented by the Larry Miller Band on August 8, and there will be a dedicated alternative stage on August 9-10.
In total, there will be more than 100 acts on show.
The festival takes place at Haggis Farm Polo Club, near Cambridge. Day and weekend tickets are available - full details at www.cambridgerockfestival.co.uk
• Five readers will each win a pair of tickets to the show. For a chance of winning, answer this question:
Micky Moody and Neil Murray, of Snakecharmer, were members of which band?
To enter, e-mail your answer to email@example.com - mark your e-mail Cambridge Rock Festival Competition and please include your name, address and daytime contact number.
Closing date for entries is Friday, July 18. The winners will be the first five answers drawn at random from all the correct entries.
Archant competition rules apply.