Fiveways roundabout on the A11 at Barton Mills closed after lorry overturns - police warn closure could last for some hours
- Credit: Archant
Major delays are expected around the Barton Mills area today after a lorry overturned and the driver became trapped inside the vehicle.
Roads from Fiveways roundabout near Barton Mills are to remain closed ‘for six hours’ due to the overturned lorry.
The lorry is causing delays to motorists travelling through the area, with a diversion route in place via the A134, A1088 and A143.
Police were called at 5.45am and remain at the scene.
They have said the road is likely to remain closed while the lorry, which was carrying a load of scrap metal, is recovered, debris is cleared from the road and the road surface is checked and any necessary repairs made.
You may also want to watch:
One fire crew from Mildenhall, one from Brandon and one from Thetford also attended with the driver of the HGV trapped inside the vehicle.
Firefighters released the casualty by 6.17am and had left the scene by 06.27.
- 1 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 4 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 5 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Chocoholic launches Slimming World group after losing two stone
- 8 School ‘overwhelmed’ by response to harvest collection
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
The driver was taken to West Suffolk Hospital with a minor head injury.