Fiveways roundabout on the A11 at Barton Mills closed after lorry overturns - police warn closure could last for some hours
- Credit: Archant
Major delays are expected around the Barton Mills area today after a lorry overturned and the driver became trapped inside the vehicle.
Roads from Fiveways roundabout near Barton Mills are to remain closed ‘for six hours’ due to the overturned lorry.
The lorry is causing delays to motorists travelling through the area, with a diversion route in place via the A134, A1088 and A143.
Police were called at 5.45am and remain at the scene.
They have said the road is likely to remain closed while the lorry, which was carrying a load of scrap metal, is recovered, debris is cleared from the road and the road surface is checked and any necessary repairs made.
One fire crew from Mildenhall, one from Brandon and one from Thetford also attended with the driver of the HGV trapped inside the vehicle.
Firefighters released the casualty by 6.17am and had left the scene by 06.27.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 6 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 9 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 10 Missing woman back home
The driver was taken to West Suffolk Hospital with a minor head injury.