Flats evacuated after accidental ground floor blaze at midnight
- Credit: Google Maps
Residents evacuated flats in March at midnight last night after an accidental blaze began on the ground floor.
Before firefighters arrived, everyone managed to vacate the flats in Acacia Grove at around 12.05am after the fire was spotted.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “At 12.05am on Wednesday, March 24 crews from March and Chatteris were called to a fire on Acacia Grove in March.
“Firefighters arrived to find a fire in a ground floor flat.
“Wearing breathing apparatus, they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and a jet and cleared the smoke using a positive pressure ventilation fan.
You may also want to watch:
“The property was evacuated when crews arrived and the crews returned to their stations by 1.45am; the cause of the fire was accidental.”
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 4 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 5 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 6 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 7 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 8 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack