Flats evacuated after accidental ground floor blaze at midnight
- Credit: Google Maps
Residents evacuated flats in March at midnight last night after an accidental blaze began on the ground floor.
Before firefighters arrived, everyone managed to vacate the flats in Acacia Grove at around 12.05am after the fire was spotted.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “At 12.05am on Wednesday, March 24 crews from March and Chatteris were called to a fire on Acacia Grove in March.
“Firefighters arrived to find a fire in a ground floor flat.
“Wearing breathing apparatus, they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and a jet and cleared the smoke using a positive pressure ventilation fan.
You may also want to watch:
“The property was evacuated when crews arrived and the crews returned to their stations by 1.45am; the cause of the fire was accidental.”
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 3 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 4 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 5 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 8 Daisy, 7, 'overwhelmed' by support for first charity fundraiser
- 9 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 10 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow