Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- Credit: Cambs Police
A car spun out of control and overturned after police tried to stop the driver on suspicion of drink driving.
And a second driver who also tried to flee traffic cops elsewhere in the county was caught and arrested.
“These two drivers tried their best to escape our road policing officers in St Neots and Thorney over the weekend”, said a police spokesperson.
“Thankfully there were no injuries but both were caught driving under the influence.”
Police continue to urge people to report drink or drug drivers on their confidential hotline 0800 032 0845.
Last week four men were disqualified from driving after being caught drink driving in Fenland and Peterborough.
The spokesperson said: “We are working hard to tackle the issue across Cambridgeshire but are asking drivers to rethink getting behind the wheel after consuming alcohol.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 6 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 7 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 Man who died in A141 crash named
“Drink driving not only endangers the life of the driver, but also other road users around them. The legal limit is 35 but we recommend you stay at zero.”