Flippin good fun
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers were treated to a weekend of food at the new Tesco Extra store.
Tesco Wisbech, on Cromwell Road, hosted a farmers market offering customers locally produced food from a variety of local suppliers, including Elgood’s Brewery, Anglia Free Range Eggs and Musk’s Sausages.
Alongside the local produce on offer, families had the opportunity to decorate and taste sweet and savoury pancakes in time for Pancake Day, whilst watching performances from the Peterborough Morris Dancers.
Store Manager Kevin Chestnutt said: “We have had some great events in store since we first opened and the feedback from customers about these events and the stores services has been very positive so we are delighted we can continue with the free fun in store.”
“It was great to be able to offer our young shoppers the chance to perfect their pancake tossing skills and stock up on fresh fillings before the big day. We hope that everyone enjoyed the day as much as we all did.”
You may also want to watch:
The store is open seven days a week, Sunday midnight to Saturday midnight and 10am to 4pm on Sundays. The Petrol Filling Station kiosk is open 6am to 10pm Monday to Saturday and 7am to 10pm Sunday. Pay at the pump is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages