100th birthday celebrations for Flo at care home
- Credit: Aliwal Manor
Kitchen staff delighted in making a special cake to celebrate the 100th birthday of Florence Lyon.
To all her friends she is known simply as Flo and Aliwal Manor care home in Whittlesey laid on red carpet treatment.
Flo herself began preparations for her big day, sending out invitations the week before to her family and friends.
But on the day itself it was a case of pampering for Flo who also received a birthday card from Her Majesty, the Queen.
Sarah Patterson, the home’s lifestyle coordinator, said: “Her friends were invited to elevenses in Flo’s lounge on her birthday
“The kitchen provided a cake, and a birthday tea was prepared for later on in the afternoon.”
Sarah added: “Flo had many presents, flowers and birthday wishes delivered to her during the day from her family and friends.”
- 1 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 2 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 3 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 4 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 5 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 6 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 7 Motorcyclist killed after driver fell asleep at the wheel
- 8 Man arrested following Peterborough 'murder'
- 9 Man charged following Peterborough murder
- 10 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
And, of course, fellow residents and family were on hand to join the care home staff in singing ‘Happy Birthday”.
Flo was delighted, especially with the tiara and sash created and placed on her during the day’s festivities.
“I appreciated all the attention,” said Flo. “I loved every minute of it.”