Flood damage in Wisbech shuts Hudson Leisure Centre’s soft play area
- Credit: Archant
The soft play area at the Hudson Centre in Wisbech will be closed for at least two weeks because of damage caused by flooding.
The exercise class studio will also be closed for some time but classes are going ahead in the sports hall.
The flooding caused extensive damage at the centre, with water and some sewage coming in from the ground up on the lower level, which comprises soft play, the exercise class studio, the sports hall and offices.
A considerable amount of equipment has been damaged or ruined and will have to be replaced, together with some carpets, flooring and other furniture.
Councillor Michelle Tanfield, Fenland District Council’s Cabinet member responsible for leisure, visited the Hudson Centre.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I wanted to see for myself exactly what had been affected and in particular to thank all the staff for the great work they did on Friday and over the weekend.
“I’d also like to thank Pro-Clean, the specialist cleaning company, for coming in over the weekend. They, too, did a fantastic job in clearing up and getting rid of the contamination.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
“It’s incredible to see how much damage was caused. We’re now working very hard to get everything put back in shape as soon as possible.”