Floor layer Nik launches his second Slimming World group in March
- Credit: Archant
A slimming group run by a man has proved so popular that he is now launching a second session.
Floor layer Nik Penn, 45, hopes more men will be encouraged to lose weight to get fit and healthy when they realise it is not just a thing for women.
Less than 10 per cent of consultants are men, he said.
“I started my slimming journey in May 2016 when I returned from a cruise and saw the photos that we had taken,” Nik said.
“My daughter had mentioned joining Slimming World and I thought I would go along to give her some moral support as I “could do with losing a couple of pound”
You may also want to watch:
“I walked through the doors of the Thursday night group at March and was pleasantly surprised by the warm and friendly atmosphere and welcome that we received.
“Over the first few weeks I thought “Wow this really does work”. I found that the pounds were disappearing and I lost a total of 3.5 stones.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
“I was feeling much healthier and happier with myself. I could do so much more without getting out of breath and getting tired very quickly.
“In October 2016 I was given the opportunity to go along to find out more about becoming a consultant and running my own group.
“I thought “how amazing would it be to help people to feel as great as I do?” So I went along and ended up opening my own group in January 2017.
“In August I transferred to the March Thursday group which is where my journey began and am now immensely proud to announce that I am opening the Saturday morning group in order to help as many people as possible in the local area.
“Slimming World has changed my life and I would love to show everyone how to lose weight without being hungry and still eating loads of lovely real foods.”
• The launch is on Saturday January 6 at 8.30am at the March FE centre or join the Thursday evening groups at the Roman Catholic Church Hall on St John’s Road, for a 5.30pm or 7.30pm start. Call or text Nik on 07566 216933 for more info.