Floral floor is a joy to behold at Tydd St Giles church
A carpet of flowers decked the aisle of Tydd St Giles church as part of a weekend of fund raising that made £1,400.
The event is long standing but the flower carpet arrangement was an idea that is now into its second year after a parishioner admired a stunning carpet display at Ely Cathedral.
The village was buzzing with people searching for bargains at the annual garage sale who also visited the flower festival.
The parish church was decorated with beautiful flower arrangements, but the wow factor came from its carpet of flowers the length of the church.
The children from Kinderley School made the carpet in the chancel.
You may also want to watch:
All the flowers were sponsored by local friends or businesses.
Various events were held over the weekend culminating in a harvest auction at the Crown and Mitre pub.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
Fund swill go toward ongoing restoration work inside the church.