Flowers and messages left for Valentine’s Day motorcycle crash victim
- Credit: Archant
Floral tributes have been left at the site of a fatal motorcycle crash which killed March man Eric Gowler on Valentine’s Day.
The much-loved 34-year-old of St Peters Road suffered fatal injuries and died at the scene just before 7.30pm on Wisbech Road, March.
Bunches of colourful flowers and a helment with “RIP Bro” written onto the top, have been laid outside Wisbech Road post office.
In tribute, Eric’s family said: “Eric was a much-loved son, father, brother and uncle. He was a friend to many and lived life to the full.
“Both he and his son had a passion for anything with an engine.
“He will be greatly missed by all who knew him and we would like to thank all those who helped at the scene, and for all the tributes left for Eric - he had more friends than we knew.”
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone who has dashcam footage of the moments leading up to the collision.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 2 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had undiagnosed Alzheimer’s’
- 3 Driver escapes injury after lorry ploughs into back of broken-down van
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of making threats to kill woman
- 5 Man who glassed another man in the head after a fight jailed
- 6 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 7 Households urged to ‘be vigilant’ after many targeted by rogue traders
- 8 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 9 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
Anyone with information should report this via the force’s web chat here: bit.ly/2D9KFKH, report online via www.cambs.police.uk/report/ or alternatively call 101, quoting incident 341 of February 14.