Flower demonstration and guest visitors at Doddington W.I meeting
- Credit: Archant
There was a good attendance at Doddington Women’s Institute’s October meeting and three visitors were welcomed.
The meeting began with a flower demonstration by Corinne Turner assisted by Charlotte. They made two autumn wreaths and three Autumn arrangements. These arrangements were then entered into the raffle. Corinne and Charlotte were thanked by Valerie Gobie.
The Centennial Competition was for a flower arrangement in a pumpkin and was judged by Corinne and Charlotte. The winner was Mavis Gamsby who was presented with a W. I. Silver spoon.
The refreshments were served by Marina Heslop and Liz Welcher.
The monthly competition was for something typically “Irish” and was judged by Ann Larham and Wendy Crane. Twenty points were awarded to Marjorie Bishop, Anne Chambers, Mavis Gamsby, Chris Oakes and Janine Woodhams.
You may also want to watch:
The raffle prizes including the flower arrangements were won by eleven members.
Next month the speakers will be Howard Newton and Andy Cornwell on “Health and Safety in the Home” and “Leisure and Fitness”.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
The competition will be for something typically “Spanish”.