Flower festival has been a “wonderful sight” inside Walpole St Peter Church
- Credit: Ian Burt
Floral festivities are at Walpole thanks to 60 arrangers who have created more than 50 displays inside the village church using more than 5,000 blooms.
Churchwarden Michael Anstey said: “It’s an absolutely wonderful sight inside the church at the moment.
“This year, we’ve purposely not included display cards so visitors can use their own imagination to interpret the arrangements, The approach has been quite effective.”
Local artists have also been working on paintings and demonstrating willow weaving.
While many of the flowers are brought in from Europe, a lot on display are also grown locally.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the beautiful arrangements inside the church, there are stalls outside selling cakes, preserves, flowers and produce.
The Walpole St Peter Flower Festival started on Saturday, and included a fun dog show from midday.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
On Sunday afternoon, the King’s Lynn town band entertained visitors was followed by a service which featured everyone’s favourite hymns.
Mr Anstey said: “Over the last couple of days, the wind was a bit strong for the marquees.
“But the weather is meant to be stunning for the final day. We’re really hoping the forecast is accurate.”