Flowers fill the Methodist Church in Upwell at their popular festival
- Credit: Archant
Visitors enjoyed a fragrant, flower filled-church when Upwell Methodist Church held a two day festival.
The church opened its doors for the popular festival which this year had the theme children’s books.
There were around 20 displays and in addition local people held an open gardens event.
All of it was organised to raise money for church funds to help the roof fund.
There was live music in the church on Saturday and Sunday afternoon and on Saturday night was a talent show.
You may also want to watch:
Performers for this included a magician, a female singer and accoustic guitar players.
But stars of the show were a church circuit band called Cosmic Veteran Players, who had them rocking in the aisles with a host of numbers ending with the Status Quo classic ‘Rocking all over the world’.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
Money raised is yet to be totalled up but the talent show alone raised more than £300.