Flowers not for picking
I WOULD like to say how beautiful Fenland looks at the moment with the bursting of spring,
The river banks, roadsides and the park are amass with daffodils and all the trees are starting to blossom .
What does annoy me is that a lot of the flowers are getting picked by our visitors from Eastern Europe, What a shame to spoil our colourful displays, I have witnessed it, My friend was walking her dog yesterday in the park and asked a woman NOT to do it.
What else can be done to stop it? The tulips will be out soon perhaps FDC could put some notices up!
LIZ FROM WISBECH
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 In 2,300 words rainbow alliance set out manifesto for change at Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 6 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 9 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 10 Here’s what the post-lockdown pub experience will look like