Flowers not for picking
I WOULD like to say how beautiful Fenland looks at the moment with the bursting of spring,
The river banks, roadsides and the park are amass with daffodils and all the trees are starting to blossom .
What does annoy me is that a lot of the flowers are getting picked by our visitors from Eastern Europe, What a shame to spoil our colourful displays, I have witnessed it, My friend was walking her dog yesterday in the park and asked a woman NOT to do it.
What else can be done to stop it? The tulips will be out soon perhaps FDC could put some notices up!
LIZ FROM WISBECH
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'