At last! The Flying Scotsman speeds through March on its way to Norwich
- Credit: Archant
It was a case of second time lucky for steam enthusiasts in March today (10) as they finally caught of glimpse of the world-famous Flying Scotsman.
Dozens of train spotters gathered on the platform in Fenland and this time were not left disappointed as the Scotsman whizzed through the station on its way into Norfolk. It also passed through Whittlesey and Ely this afternoon.
March Camera Club member Pat Ringham was one of those to capture the occasion on camera. He said: “It’s the first time I’ve seen it. I was born and bred in the town and was born when the time was steam was huge.
“We were a bit disappointed last time because there was a lot of hype and there was this great feeling of anticipation for the train coming and we didn’t know if it was coming or not.
“It was a very good experience and I’m glad I can say I’ve seen it.”
You may also want to watch:
The Scotsman’s original journey on October 18 was cut short after the locomotive’s driving angle box bearing was found to be running warm.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 9 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer