Young musicians stage a concert after just one afternoon rehearsal
- Credit: Archant
Talented musicians held their first triple skills event of a music workshop, youth showcase and orchestral concert.
The entertainment was hosted by members of the Fenland Music Centre Association after just one afternoon of rehearsals.
A spokesman for the FMCA said: “During a busy fun-filled Saturday, the Fenland Music Centre Association held its first ever music workshop, youth musical showcase and orchestral concert at St Peter and Paul’s Church in Chatteris.
“Following just one afternoon’s practice, during a free musical workshop organised by the FMCA, young musicians took to the stage to perform orchestral pieces practiced earlier that same day.
“Preceding this truly amazing concert, 16 young musicians each played individual pieces that ranged from baroque to jazz, in a youth musical showcase.”
You may also want to watch:
Members of the audience described it as truly amazing and look forward to the event being repeated again next year.
The day was sponsored by Metalcraft Chatteris) Martin Lawrence, community fund chairman, presented a cheque to Nyree Scott, FMCA chair, to cover the cost of church hire.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
The event was also supported by Tesco March and the Rotary Club of Chatteris, who supplied and served refreshments during the interval.
Overall, the event raised £223.30 for the FMCA charity, all of which will go towards the running of weekly orchestras, bands and ensembles that practice at March Community Centre every Friday from 6 to 9pm.
For more details visit their website at www.fenlandmuscicentre.org.uk.