Food tasting and entertainment on offer at March market on Wednesday
- Credit: Archant
SHOPPERS at March market on Wednesday will be invited to taste some locally sourced food as part of Fenland District Council’s support of the national Love Your Local Market campaign.
Councillor Pop Jolley - who is responsible for markets - will also be meeting traders to discuss new council plans to invigorate the market, and there will be some entertainment and other promotions.
Cllr Jolley said: “Our markets are vital not only for what they offer themselves, but also as a focal point for the community and for the part they play in boosting our shops and businesses in our towns.
“Watch out for details of other events that will be coming up in our markets across the district.”
The national campaign is led by the National Association of British Market Authorities (NABMA) and is supported by central Government and the wider market industry.
It aims to attract new market traders and highlight the importance that markets play in the heart of the local community.
Graham Wilson OBE, Chief Executive of the National Association of British Market Authorities, said: “Love Your Local Market is the biggest market event in a generation. It gives people the chance of a new career and demonstrates how important the market is to the local community.”
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 5 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 6 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
- 9 Academy will train next generation of taxi drivers
- 10 Whittlesey ready for battle in bid to maintain promotion push