Food tasting and entertainment on offer at March market on Wednesday
- Credit: Archant
SHOPPERS at March market on Wednesday will be invited to taste some locally sourced food as part of Fenland District Council’s support of the national Love Your Local Market campaign.
Councillor Pop Jolley - who is responsible for markets - will also be meeting traders to discuss new council plans to invigorate the market, and there will be some entertainment and other promotions.
Cllr Jolley said: “Our markets are vital not only for what they offer themselves, but also as a focal point for the community and for the part they play in boosting our shops and businesses in our towns.
“Watch out for details of other events that will be coming up in our markets across the district.”
The national campaign is led by the National Association of British Market Authorities (NABMA) and is supported by central Government and the wider market industry.
You may also want to watch:
It aims to attract new market traders and highlight the importance that markets play in the heart of the local community.
Graham Wilson OBE, Chief Executive of the National Association of British Market Authorities, said: “Love Your Local Market is the biggest market event in a generation. It gives people the chance of a new career and demonstrates how important the market is to the local community.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital