Former Bucks Fizz members announced for Ely’s Party on the Hill
- Credit: Archant
ORGANISERS of Ely’s hotly-anticipated Party on the Hill event have added four new acts to the line-up.
90s stars D:Ream, Snap! and N Trance have been announced for the show, taking place on August 31, and they will be joined by Cheryl Baker, Jay Aston and Mike Nolan, formerly of Bucks Fizz, with their new group OBF.
The groups will be joined by former X Factor winner Matt Cardle, girl band Atomic Kitten and boy band Blue, who are headlining the event in Ely’s Cherry Hill Park.
The man behind the show Rupert Russell, said: “I’m trying to put together a line-up that spans three generations so that there is something for everyone, for all tastes.
“There is more to come, though, so expect some exciting news to come.”
You may also want to watch:
D:Ream are most famous for their 1993 hit Things Can Only Get Better, while N Trance stormed the charts with their 1994 hit Set you Free.
Snap! became a household name in the 90s for their hits The Power and Rhythm is a Dancer.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
East Cambridgeshire District Council, which owns Cherry Hill Park, confirmed this week that all permissions and licences were now in place for the event.
Head of tourism and leisure, Tracey Harding, said: “We continue to work with the Party on the Hill organisers so they can deliver safe and well run event.”
INFORMATION: For more information and tickets, visit www.elyparty.co.uk or pick up your tickets from Burrows Bookshop in Ely.