Woman named amongst UK’s most inspirational female entrepreneurs
- Credit: Sophie Webster
A former Chatteris woman who moved to Brighton to launch her business has been named amongst the UK’s top 100 female entrepreneurs.
Sophie Webster left the Fenland town in 2005 and co-founded her hair salon with her husband Simon in 2012, scooping several local awards.
Now Mrs Webster of Simon Webster Hair has been named as one of the country’s most inspirational businessowners by Small Business Britain’s f:Entrepreneur awards.
“It’s an incredible honour to receive the award,” she said. “I’m really proud to be included in the list of 100 women.”
Mrs Webster was born and raised in Chatteris where she attended the Cromwell Community College, becoming head prefect, and then went on to take her A-Levels at Neale-Wade in March.
She then attended the Chelsea College of Art & Design in London where she obtained a degree in Fine Art.
After working in various countries, she settled in Brighton where she taught English to foreign students, before marrying and opening Simon Webster Hair Salon.
Mrs Webster added: “2020 and the Covid lockdowns we all experienced were (and continue to be) remarkably challenging.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 7 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 8 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 Man who died in A141 crash named
“But I wanted to build positive experiences and initiatives from it.
“We are very lucky in that we have a strong business, stable home and comprehensive support network of friends and family around us.
“And I’m well aware that’s a privilege lots of people don’t have, so I wanted to do anything I could to extend whatever support where I could.
“I firmly believe that we’re stronger when we work together and if there was any time that called for collaboration and co-operation, it’s now.”