Former councillor Mike Ogden retires after 30 years with Conservative Association’s March branch
AFTER 30 years of service, former councillor Mike Ogden has retired as Secretary of the March Men’s Branch of the North East Cambridgeshire Conservative Association.
Mr Ogden called time on three decades with the association at their annual meeting this week.
He said: “I am pleased and proud that I have given the best years of my life to the Conservative Party in my capacity as a local councillor, past divisional chairman, canvasser, school governor and conference delegate.
“In the constituency the Conservatives hold almost all county, district and town council seats. The Mayor of March is also a Conservative member. Most important of all is that we have a Fenland MP.
“I have been March Men’s Branch Secretary for almost 30 years and I take this opportunity to thank the branch members for all their loyalty and support and wish the new Branch Secretary all success in the future.”
You may also want to watch:
Chairman Councillor Kit Owen proposed a vote of thanks for Mr Ogden’s years of service and welcomed Councillor Gavin Philpott as the new Branch Secretary.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed