Former Cromwell Community College student organises reunion
A FORMER Cromwell Community College student hopes to see plenty of old faces at a school reunion that she’s organised.
Mrs Samantha Dennis, known in the class of ‘95 as Sammi Arnold, has arranged the get-together at The Anchor in Wimblington on Saturday August 28.
She said: “It’s 15 years since we all left and one chap asked when we were going to have a reunion.
“It was only ever going to be me who organised one so I did. I haven’t done a great deal as I used Facebook and word-of-mouth and got loads of interest from that. I’ve also spoken to some of our old teachers too.”
Interest has been high despite the trip down memory lane landing on the Bank Holiday weekend and Mrs Dennis, now 31 and living in Doddington, urges anyone from the year to attend if they’re free.
She said: “It’s a great chance to reminisce and see each other face-to-face.
“I’ve stayed in touch with a lot of our old year group but mainly through the internet. It will be nice to see everyone, how we’ve all changed and find out what we’re are up to now.”
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 3 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 4 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
A number of other students have expressed a desire in attending the evening, which starts at 7pm, but the organiser is only keen for year group members to turn up.
She added: “We can’t stop other people coming but it seems pointless going to someone else’s reunion.”
For further details contact Samantha on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.facebook.com/spud78