Former Cromwell Community College student organises reunion
A FORMER Cromwell Community College student hopes to see plenty of old faces at a school reunion that she’s organised.
Mrs Samantha Dennis, known in the class of ‘95 as Sammi Arnold, has arranged the get-together at The Anchor in Wimblington on Saturday August 28.
She said: “It’s 15 years since we all left and one chap asked when we were going to have a reunion.
“It was only ever going to be me who organised one so I did. I haven’t done a great deal as I used Facebook and word-of-mouth and got loads of interest from that. I’ve also spoken to some of our old teachers too.”
Interest has been high despite the trip down memory lane landing on the Bank Holiday weekend and Mrs Dennis, now 31 and living in Doddington, urges anyone from the year to attend if they’re free.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It’s a great chance to reminisce and see each other face-to-face.
“I’ve stayed in touch with a lot of our old year group but mainly through the internet. It will be nice to see everyone, how we’ve all changed and find out what we’re are up to now.”
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 3 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 4 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 5 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 8 Caring Daisy, 7, to donate hair to help children's charity
- 9 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 10 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
A number of other students have expressed a desire in attending the evening, which starts at 7pm, but the organiser is only keen for year group members to turn up.
She added: “We can’t stop other people coming but it seems pointless going to someone else’s reunion.”
For further details contact Samantha on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.facebook.com/spud78