Former Fenland Has Talent winner Lucy Collins takes step closer to West End stardom
SINGING star Lucy Collins has moved one step closer to West End stardom by graduating from a top London stage school.
The 21-year-old, from March, was hailed as a future star of the stage when she won the Fenland Has Talent competition in 2010.
And those predictions were looking more accurate last week, when she toasted her graduation from the Urdang Academy with a diploma in musical theatre.
Lucy has already found herself an agent and is attending auditions for roles in stage and television shows.
“It’s quite an exciting time,” she said: “I’ve got an audition for a new ITV comedy which will go out after Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
“I also got to the final auditions of Hairspray and We Will Rock You but didn’t quite get it - the experience was great though.
“My dream is to perform on the West End - either We Will Rock You or Les Miserables.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
“That’s been my dream since I was about 12 years old but I’m happy to do other things in between!”
Lucy, who has chosen the stage name Lucy Brooke-Collins, started performing with March dance troupe Dance Mania when she was seven years old - and she is set to sing at their show at the Braza next month.
“I love coming back to March and performing,” she said. “It’s where it all started for me and where I first realised that I wanted to do this. I like giving something back.”
• Dance Mania’s show will take place on July 13 at 8pm and July 14 at 1pm. Tickets, priced at �5.50 for adults and �4.50 for children, are available from Lisa Dickinson on 07933 796485.