Former Fenmarc manager appears in court facing 13 charges of fraud
A FORMER engineering manager of a Fenland produce company is facing 13 charges of fraud.
It is alleged that 40-year-old Darren Howell abused his position with Fenmarc Produce by ordering a number of items including a gearbox, an electrical part for a fire alarm and a filter unit.
He is accused of committing all the offences between December 31 2008 and January 1 2010.
Howell appeared before Fenland magistrates alongside co-defendant Simon Roberts, facing six charges of aiding and abetting offences committed by Howell.
Howell, of Washway Road, Holbeach; and Roberts, of Hyholmes, Bretton, were granted a three-week adjournment for their Legal Aid applications to be made.
You may also want to watch:
Their case is due back before Peterborough magistrates on April 6. They are on unconditional bail.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run