GB Cup aces Danny Sapsford and Andrew Richardson help Chatteris Tennis Club raise £2,200
- Credit: Archant
Two former GB Davis Cup stars helped Chatteris Tennis Club raise thousands of pounds last weekend.
Danny Sapsford and Andrew Richardson, who both starred for the national side during the 1990s, hosted a number of classes at the Fenland club including coaching sessions and exhibition matches.
The duo teamed up with the club’s best doubles players, Simon Grainger and Andrew Fox to take on other doubles sides before a ‘Stars against Chatteris’ match which saw a surprise appearance from ‘John McEnroe’ as the Chatteris captain.
Face painting, children’s mini-net tennis, hot food, ice cream, cakes and a raffle all helped the club to raise an impressive total of £2,200 towards the installation of hard courts.
Simon Grainger said: “We enjoyed an amazing day with Danny and Andrew who were great sports throughout the day. Such an event has really helped us to raise awareness of the club’s need for additional funding to double our court availability.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the club, visit www.chatteristennis.com or call 01354 695014.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 10 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road