GB Cup aces Danny Sapsford and Andrew Richardson help Chatteris Tennis Club raise £2,200
- Credit: Archant
Two former GB Davis Cup stars helped Chatteris Tennis Club raise thousands of pounds last weekend.
Danny Sapsford and Andrew Richardson, who both starred for the national side during the 1990s, hosted a number of classes at the Fenland club including coaching sessions and exhibition matches.
The duo teamed up with the club’s best doubles players, Simon Grainger and Andrew Fox to take on other doubles sides before a ‘Stars against Chatteris’ match which saw a surprise appearance from ‘John McEnroe’ as the Chatteris captain.
Face painting, children’s mini-net tennis, hot food, ice cream, cakes and a raffle all helped the club to raise an impressive total of £2,200 towards the installation of hard courts.
Simon Grainger said: “We enjoyed an amazing day with Danny and Andrew who were great sports throughout the day. Such an event has really helped us to raise awareness of the club’s need for additional funding to double our court availability.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the club, visit www.chatteristennis.com or call 01354 695014.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government