Former Guyhirn sex shop may become coffee shop
- Credit: Archant
A COFFEE retailer wants to turn a former Guyhirn sex shop into a coffee shop.
Coffee Tree wants to renovate the building on the A47 Thorney Road which has been empty since adult superstore Kiss Kiss Lingerie closed in August last year.
The ground floor will become a coffee shop serving sandwiches, rolls, Panini’s, cakes and sausage rolls, while a meeting room will be set up on the first floor.
The property, built in the mid 1970s, was originally a Little Chef before it closed in 2004.
It was empty for four years before approval was granted to turn it into a sex shop, a move which prompted district councillor Phil Wait to resign his seat on Fenland District Council out of protest.
You may also want to watch:
There will be no external changes to the building. A toilet cubicle and a pair of doors will be installed upstairs.
Two formal disabled parking bays will also be created.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Man found dead in March
A decision will be forthcoming.