Former Littleport man charged with burglary
- Credit: Archant
A man who has links to Littleport has been charged with aggravated burglary.
Thomas Hallissey, of no fixed address, was remanded in custody when he appeared at Leicester Magistrates’ Court on December 16.
He was accused of aggravated burglary at a house in Wintersdale Road, Leicester, on March 6 this year. The crime was alleged to have been aggravated in that one of three suspects was armed with a screwdriver.
Earlier this year Leicestershire Police issued an appeal for members of the public to come forward if they knew where Hallissey was.
At his court appearance this week he was also charged with motoring offences said to have been committed in Cambridgeshire on June 22 this year.
You may also want to watch:
An appeal by police to encourage 36-year-old Mr Hallissey to come forward was issued in July and detectives released a in a bid to get anyone who knew of him or had seen him and make contact with the police.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire