Former Manea postmistress and ex-COWA lecturer on fraud charge
A FORMER Manea postmistress and former College of West Anglia lecturer has appeared in court charged with fraud.
Cecilia Mary Larham, who runs the Manea School of Gardening, was the village’s postmistress between 1985-2005.
She appeared at Huntingdon Magistrates’ Court on September 26, charged with one count of fraud on April 10 this year. The charge relates to the use of a fraudulent document or signature when cashing in a trust fund.
Larham, of School Lane, Manea, is yet to enter a plea. She will appear again at Huntingdon Crown Court on October 26.
Larham, who has lived in Manea for 26 years, opened the Manea School of Gardening in September last year. She had formerly run Thyme House Plant Nursery.
You may also want to watch:
The business, based at a two-acre site complete with teaching classrooms, offers a range of gardening and horticulture courses for amateurs.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 7 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend