Former March AC runner Sean approaching half-way mark of Yukon Arctic Ultra, an epic 430 mile Canada race
- Credit: Archant
A former March AC runner is almost half way through an epic 430 mile race across Canada.
Sean Brown, who is from March but moved to Colorado four years ago, is competing in the Yukon Arctic Ultra 2015.
After five days in temperatures as low as -50C, the 46 year-old is closing in on the 200 mile mark, meaning he is pulling his sleigh an impressive 40 miles a day.
His father Pat, who, having completed 100 marathons, is no stranger to extreme endurance events, said he was “very proud” of his son.
The March AC runner said: “I think what he’s doing is incredible. It’s a test of strength, fortitude and determination.
You may also want to watch:
“He attempted this two years and one night there was a blizzard and he had to dig himself a trench to survive.”
Sean’s mother Maura added: “It can get as cold as -50C. Today it’s been -26C, which they describe as tropical!”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital