Former marine Andy prepares to set up keep fit boot camp
- Credit: Archant
FORMER Royal Marine Andy Pryce-Dyer is setting up a boot camp business with two friends - but has promised the fitness sessions will not be like those run by the military. pp
Andy, 25, is creating Target Fitness with paratrooper Luke Morrison, 25, who was injured in Afghanistan in 2011, and former marine Steve Nolan who now teaches at Stamford College.
“There won’t be any screaming and shouting, but we will work on people’s motivation,” said Andy, who lives in Whittlesey and left the services just six weeks ago. “The boot camp sessions will be run outdoors, and will be circuit based, with team games, and work on the whole body. People will get a decent work out, but will not be run ragged.”
The three friends will run the sessions in Stamford on Saturdays, and they may extend their business into Fenland in the future.
The boot camp will be suitable for all fitness levels, and will welcome anyone aged over 18. Each session will last up to an hour, and cost about £6.
You may also want to watch:
Andy added: “I have done a fitness qualification, and will also be working at a gym in Peterborough. I have been friends with Luke for a long time, and
we decided we wanted to set up the boot camp business together.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
“Luke is still in rehab, and will be leaving the forces in May. We won’t be shouting or being aggressive. The boot camp isn’t aimed at super fit people. All levels are welcome.”
To find out more about the boot camp, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org