Former marine Andy prepares to set up keep fit boot camp
- Credit: Archant
FORMER Royal Marine Andy Pryce-Dyer is setting up a boot camp business with two friends - but has promised the fitness sessions will not be like those run by the military. pp
Andy, 25, is creating Target Fitness with paratrooper Luke Morrison, 25, who was injured in Afghanistan in 2011, and former marine Steve Nolan who now teaches at Stamford College.
“There won’t be any screaming and shouting, but we will work on people’s motivation,” said Andy, who lives in Whittlesey and left the services just six weeks ago. “The boot camp sessions will be run outdoors, and will be circuit based, with team games, and work on the whole body. People will get a decent work out, but will not be run ragged.”
The three friends will run the sessions in Stamford on Saturdays, and they may extend their business into Fenland in the future.
The boot camp will be suitable for all fitness levels, and will welcome anyone aged over 18. Each session will last up to an hour, and cost about £6.
Andy added: “I have done a fitness qualification, and will also be working at a gym in Peterborough. I have been friends with Luke for a long time, and
we decided we wanted to set up the boot camp business together.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 6 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 Missing woman back home
- 9 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 10 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
“Luke is still in rehab, and will be leaving the forces in May. We won’t be shouting or being aggressive. The boot camp isn’t aimed at super fit people. All levels are welcome.”
To find out more about the boot camp, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org