Former Mayor lands �75,000 a year top job at Fenland housing association
A WOMAN who seven years ago became at the age of 31 the youngest ever Mayor of March is the new �75,000 a year managing director of Roddons Housing Association.
Until now her job has been to keep customers happy at Roddons but in her new role the former police worker will be expected to keep an entire work force happy.
In addition to caring for the 3,750 former houses transferred from Fenland Council she will be responsible for developing an ambitious new build programme.
She steps up from her role as head of customer care at Roddons which she’s held since 2008 and which has been expanded over the years to look at the way in which staff deliver services to its residents.
Born in the Fens Debby has taken as managing director from Christopher Smith who was recently appointed to a new position within parent Circle Group as regional operations director.
You may also want to watch:
Debby said Roddons has “a record of proud achievements, brilliant people and fantastic potential. I believe I can bring a wealth of experience to the role that will help realise that future.”
Brenda Reynolds, Roddons chairman, said: “Debby’s passion for working with staff and residents to create a better place to live and her commitment is evident from the impressive results she has already achieved for the organisation.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
“She has the full support of the Board and we are looking forward to working with her.”
Debby, one time operations manager for Cambs Police countryside watch, was Mayor of March in 2005.