Former students travel from Canada and Belgium to attend reunion dinner
- Credit: Archant
FORMER students of March Grammar School and Neale Wade School attended their 94th annual reunion dinner at Neale Wade Academy on Friday.
Some people had travelled long distances to be there. Tom Pettingill had flown over from Canada, and guest speaker Michael Wilderspin travelled from Belgium for his first visit to the school for nearly 40 years.
The President of the March Grammar and Neale Wade Former Students Association, solicitor Mike Pattrick, welcomed the guests who included Jason Wing, an old boy and now Principal of Neale Wade. Mike congratulated Jason on achieving Academy status for Neale Wade.
Mike said it was important that those who had been at the school should never forget their roots, and said that the Association could help pupils at Neale Wade in their future careers. He said that the Association intended to provide bursaries for some current students at Neale Wade, and would also be able to provide mentoring to help pupils.
Speaker Michael Wilderspin told some amusing stories about his time at Neale Wade, and other speeches were delivered by the Mayor of March, Councillor Jan French, and Jason Wing.
You may also want to watch:
To get involved with the Association, or learn more about mentoring opportunities, contact Mike Pattrick by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 2 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 3 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept