Former teacher and priest from Whittlesey who sexually abused young girls over a decade jailed for 17 years
- Credit: Archant
A former teacher and priest who sexually abused three young girls over a decade has been jailed for 17 years.
David Goodstadt, 45, of Broad Street, Whittlesey, was convicted of rape, attempted rape, indecency with a child and five counts of indecent assault following a trial at Peterborough Crown Court last month.
He was cleared of three other charges, while a rape and two indecent assaults were ordered to lie on his file after the jury failed to reach verdicts on those counts.
He was jailed for a total of 17 years on Monday.
Detective Constable Amanda Sylvester said: “Goodstadt is a dangerous man and we’re pleased he is now behind bars.
You may also want to watch:
“The victims showed great bravery in coming forward and ultimately giving evidence at court in order to bring him to justice.
“His actions have had a huge impact on all three victims and will no doubt continue to do so for many years to come. Only now have they been able to start rebuilding their lives, and the fact the jury believed them is a huge step forward in that process.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 7 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November