Former teacher from March fulfils ambition of writing two novels
- Credit: Archant
An 85-year-old former teacher from March has fulfilled a life long ambition of publishing two novels.
Gerry Wycherley always had an interest in writing since compiling short stories for his school magazine as a youngster.
But it was only when he delved into his family history that he discovered the story of 17th century dramatist and libertine, William Wycherley.
Mr Wycherley went on to write ’The Man Under The Elm’, was released about eighteen months ago.
The follow up, ‘The Elegant Mind’ will be out later this year.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I decided that I’d split it into two. Now here I am at 85 years of age, after a lifetime of rejection and many discouragements, I have two published novels under my belt.
“Although I may have left it a little late and I may never be a Will Shakespeare or a Thomas Hardy, it proves that if you have a dream, never give it up. Sooner or later you’ll get there.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash