Former Wisbech teacher Paul Spector given suspended sentence for sexual offences against children
- Credit: Archant
A former teacher who taught at a Wisbech school has been given a suspended sentence at Northampton Crown Court, after pleading guilty to child sexual abuse and making and possessing indecent images of children.
Paul Spector, of Fleet Hargate, Holbeach, pleaded guilty to one count of sexual assault of a child under 13, one of common assault of a child under 13 and nine counts of possession of and making of incident images of children of categories A, B and C. Indecent photographs of children are categorised into A, B or C, with category A covering the most serious images involving children.
He was also charged with one count of perverting the course of justice.
He was given a 10-month sentence suspended for two years and a two-year supervision order and was placed on the sex offenders register for 10 years.
Spector was previously a teacher at St Peter’s School in Wisbech for a number years and was also formerly a supply teacher in Lincolnshire and also taught at a school in the Oundle area.
You may also want to watch:
A Northamptonshire police spokesman said: “We engaged with Northamptonshire schools, but we did advise the agencies that he worked for and for the schools that he subsequently worked at to let them know that a teacher that had worked at the school was being investigated.”
Detective Constable Spencer Bailey, who led the investigation said: “I hope today’s court result helps bring some form of closure to the victims involved.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
“Paul Spector was in a position of trust which he blatantly manipulated. Those who abuse children will be fully investigated and brought to justice regardless of their profession.
“Protecting children and reducing incidents of Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) is a priority for Northamptonshire Police and Children’s Services and we are working hard to support victims and bring offenders to justice.
“Anybody with any concerns should call Northamptonshire Police on 101, or the Child Safeguarding Team on 0300 126 1000