Former Wisbech Town Council clerk Erbie Murat, who is still embroiled in dispute over dismissal, gets new job
- Credit: Archant
Former Wisbech Town Council clerk Erbie Murat has got a new job.
Mr Murat, who is still embroiled in a dispute with the council over his dismissal, has joined The Fenland Volunteer Bureau, which is based at the Rosmini Centre in Wisbech.
He said: “It is exceptionally good for me to be involved with the community again and I am enjoying working with people.
“My job will be to work with organisations who are providing volunteering opportunities and with people who wish to volunteer in order to match volunteers to volunteer organisations.
“We support organisations in developing new opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds and abilities and carry out various outreach and drop in sessions, as well as dedicated presentations for organisations such as Jobcentre.”
You may also want to watch:
The Fenland Volunteer Bureau is open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday between 10am and 2.30pm.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told