Forty jobs to be created at former March hippodrome
FORTY jobs will be created when the former Hippodrome in March re-opens as a Wetherspoon pub.
JD Wetherspoon announced today that it has completed the purchase of the building in Dartford Road.
The chain is to invest �980,000 redeveloping the site into one of its pubs, creating the new full and part-time jobs.
A spokesman said at the moment there is no on-site or opening date for the pub.
Wetherspoon’s chief executive John Hutson said: “We are delighted to have completed the purchase of the former Hippodrome and are looking forward to redeveloping it into a Wetherspoon pub.
You may also want to watch:
“We are confident that the new-look pub will be an asset to March and be welcomed by its residents.”
The building was previously owned by Mark and Peter Petrou, the brothers who have put Fenland on the map for their renowned fish and chips.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 3 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 4 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 5 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 8 Daisy, 7, 'overwhelmed' by support for first charity fundraiser
- 9 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 10 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow