Forty jobs to be created at former March hippodrome
FORTY jobs will be created when the former Hippodrome in March re-opens as a Wetherspoon pub.
JD Wetherspoon announced today that it has completed the purchase of the building in Dartford Road.
The chain is to invest �980,000 redeveloping the site into one of its pubs, creating the new full and part-time jobs.
A spokesman said at the moment there is no on-site or opening date for the pub.
Wetherspoon’s chief executive John Hutson said: “We are delighted to have completed the purchase of the former Hippodrome and are looking forward to redeveloping it into a Wetherspoon pub.
You may also want to watch:
“We are confident that the new-look pub will be an asset to March and be welcomed by its residents.”
The building was previously owned by Mark and Peter Petrou, the brothers who have put Fenland on the map for their renowned fish and chips.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named