Founders’ Award cash handed to Neale-Wade Community College students
STUDENTS from Neale-Wade Community College have been handed cash to help them take part in an educational trip to Borneo.
John Phythian, chairman of the March Grammar and Neale-Wade Former Students’ Association, presented �1,000 worth of grants to the winners of the Founders’ Award last week.
He said: “There were two awards given to students for a trip to Borneo and two awards given to help students buy musical instruments.
“They applied for the grant before going through an interview process. We were very impressed with the applications this year and the students themselves.
“One of the previous recipients of this award was Louise Hazel, who has now been selected for the Olympics. She got a grant when she was at Neale-Wade to help with her training at the time
You may also want to watch:
“It is not just education related it helps towards sport, travel, music and all sorts.”
The former students’ association has been running since 1919.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle