Four arrests at illegal Fenland rave but 300 revellers disperse peacefully after police intervention
- Credit: Archant
ARRESTS were made when police broke up a crowd of some 300 at an illegal rave on a Fenland field in the early hours of Sunday,
A 26-year-old man from March has been charged with possessing class C drugs and will appear at King’s Lynn magistrates on July 16.
An 18-year-old woman from Norfolk, a 22-year-old man from Suffolk and a 21-year-old woman from Suffolk have all been bailed until 19/8.
Police were called to Fen Road, Newton, Wisbech yesterday morning following a report of a rave from the landowner.
Det Insp Dave Murphy of Cambs Police said: “Approximately 300 people had taken over a large barn in a field, a music system was blaring and there was plenty of alcohol on show.”
You may also want to watch:
He said “good positive intervention” by a local Fenland sergeant and four officers who attended the scene alleviated any fear of trouble.
“The officer addressed the crowd and directed the crowd to leave which they did,” said DI Murphy.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 9 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 10 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
“Music was turned off and they began to leave with their sound equipment.”
As the crowd were leaving police stopped one vehicle, Class A drugs were seized plus a large quantity of cash. As a result police made four arrests.