Four charged following Long Sutton ram raid set for court appearance
- Credit: Archant
Four men are due to appear in court today (Tuesday) charged with an ATM ram raid at a Long Sutton store.
Levi Mitchell, 31, of Gibb Croft, Harlow, Leo Smith, 20, from Spriggs Road, Peterborough, Levi Smith, 49, of Conniston Road, Peterborough, and Dale Smith, 28, of Malvern Meadows, Worcester, have all been charged with conspiracy to burgle a Spar shop in Long Sutton, yesterday (Monday).
All four were arrested after a JCB was used to remove an ATM from the wall of the store in the early hours of the morning. The cash machine was recovered from the scene intact.
The investigation is being co-ordinated by the Eastern Region Special Operations Unit (ERSOU) which is leading an investigation into a series of similar offences across Essex, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Suffolk and Lincolnshire.
ERSOU Detective Superintendent Trevor Rodenhurst said: “We are committed to investigating this type of crime which can have a huge impact, not only financially for the businesses affected, but also for communities which oftenrely on ATMs in rural or isolated areas.”
You may also want to watch:
All four will appear at Lincoln Magistrates’ Court today.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache